Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Quality Engineering Manager 3 to lead our team of qualified, diverse individuals located in Baltimore, MD.
This Quality Leader is responsible for managing the Mission Assurance site function for the East building within the Mission Systems Sector. The Quality Manager provides the required independent quality oversight for the respective
product builds, testing, integration and support required for the areas it serves. The Quality Manager reports to the Airborne C4ISR Division Quality Director.
As a key leader, partner and essential member of the team, the Quality Manager will lead a high performing Quality team and will be responsible for executing, monitoring and reporting on the health and quality of products and services. The qualified candidate will have demonstrated success leading broad organizations within cost and schedule while achieving a high level of employee engagement. The position requires a solution-based orientation, unwavering ethics and values, and the demonstrated ability to be a trusted partner. Candidates must demonstrate a proven track record of solving complex problems through systematic and objective evaluation of information resulting in effective communication, championing, and implementation of change with a diverse set of internal and external customers and suppliers. Drives and implements industry practices and strategies where
Mission Assurance and Quality are going from a near and long-term perspective. This position has significant senior leadership influence, acts as thought leader and requires a candidate with strong executive presence and decision making skills with the ability to lead in an environment of ambiguity and continuous change.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Promotes the professional development of the Mission Assurance workforce and fosters a collaborative culture that
sustains the momentum around employee engagement and inclusion, affordability, innovation, value growth and
• Provides clear assignments, helps employees connect their efforts to the bigger picture, creates an inclusive work
environment characterized by mutual respect and the valuing of differences, and builds a culture that motivates
employees to their highest levels of performance. Influences Leadership development with the focus on strong
succession planning and strategic leadership movement and partners with Business leaders to build the leadership depth
that supports our Quality Succession Planning process.
• Establishes strong business relationships with Client leadership teams, and creates effective partnership across all the
client leadership teams, Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain as well as the Profit and Loss Organizations.
• Sets the strategy to meet customer’s expectations, regularly communicates program status. Provides situational
awareness and executive level communication both internally and externally.
• Leads operations for the Mission Assurance function with geographically dispersed locations inclusive to administration
of budgets, schedules, and performance standards as well as leading proposal efforts for the Mission Assurance team.
• Assures compliance in quality, risk management, safety, process improvement, subcontractor and supplier quality in
accordance with contractual requirements and drives forward early predictive indicators of risk.
• Leverages comprehensive metrics, customer and employee feedback to assess program performance and risks, and
determines resources to ensure mission success.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17009357&lang=en
• Post ID: 20950138 baltimore