Manufacturing Engineer (level 2 or 3) - Laser Engineer - Northrop Grumman Corporation (Baltimore,
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Manufacturing Operations Engineering organization is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer (level 2 or 3) - Laser Engineer for the Advanced Interconnects and Multilayer Solutions (AIMS) manufacturing cell. AIMS is committed to the rapid development, manufacture, and delivery of leading-edge discriminating products, utilizing advances in organic materials, technology, and processing to meet or exceed customer expectations.
The Manufacturing Engineer will provide manufacturing technical expertise and direction using a laser to create micro vias (CO2 and UV) in printed wiring boards, manifolds, and backplanes for next generation RF hardware.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Preparation of the laser equipment for production readiness and optimization of current manufacturing processes/equipment to meet cost, product specification, and performance standards.
- Successfully maintain the lase processes that produce parts that conform to internal and external specifications.
- Assist with the training of new personnel and participate in the design of operator training materials.
- Monitor process yields and cost, recommend and implement quality improvements based on these metrics.
- Work with production as well as new developmental designs simultaneously.
- Ensure that all defects are analyzed through to root cause and corrective actions are implemented and sustained.
- Ensure compliance to the periodic test requirements.
- Review designs for producibility, develop tooling concepts, and create applicable detailed work instructions and manufacturing procedures.
- Document state-of-the-art process capabilities and guidelines for product designers.
- Develop manufacturing plans that include specific sequencing with process and tooling requirements.
- Prepare / assist with manufacturing proposals and estimates for new major programs or major change activity.
The chosen candidate must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic and high visibility environment. She/he must also work well in a team environment, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and possess fluency in MS Office software applications.
This job may be filled as a level 2 or a level 3 depending on the qualifications below.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=18005342&lang=en
• Post ID: 31308042 baltimore