Joppa, MD -CFC- Macy s Logistics: Working Supervisor - Fulfillment Operations, Full Time at Macy s,
Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2018 5:30 AM
Macy's Logistics and Operations a division of Macy's Department Stores including (Macy's and Bloomingdale's) has a great opportunity for a Working Supervisor for their fulfillment center. This position will be responsible for demonstrating action, urgency and excellence in safety, quality, production flow, and the execution of service level agreements (SLA's) with both internal and external customers and suppliers. They will ensure designed training is properly utilized as well as be able to recognize and correct training deficiencies. They will have the ability to initiate and drive continuous process improvements. Additional assigned duties by management should be expected, so a great deal of flexibility will be required of all hires.
- Safety and Accident Prevention : Sets the tone through awareness and education of associates that everyone is responsible and accountable for center-wide safety and health. Ensures safe workplace behaviors are taught, emphasized and used at all times. Assists in establishing team pride in maintaining orderliness and facility housekeeping.
- Merchandise Distribution: Provides hands-on direction to associates for the operation of the fulfillment center so that they contribute to the overall successful movement of merchandise within established levels of service, accuracy, and productivity standards.
- Training and Development : Works closely with the training group to ensure associates are trained/cross-trained and certified in all operational areas. Recognizes training deficiencies and works with manager to retrain/address issues. Assists in the development of all associates and works to stimulate growth of highly performing team members.
- Daily Operations : Provides guidance to daily operations activities to ensure a high degree of coordination and cooperation between different areas, maintenance of clean and organized work place and the personal safety of all associates.
- Planning : Working with the Area Manager, sets appropriate priorities for self and work teams to maximize speed and results; plans proactively to avoid crisis; handles unavoidable crisis effectively.
- Communications : Practices open and continuous communication; values keeping others well informed; presents written and verbal ideas in easily understood ways; will be asked to conduct daily team meetings. Recognizes and celebrates individual and team performance with positive reinforcement
- Process Improvement: Ensures associates are working towards continuous improvement goals and objectives. Enlists associates to offer suggestions for process/culture improvement and champions their cause.
- Floor Time: Substantial focus and time will be allocated to all floor time activities on a daily basis. This will lead to build associate affiliation and effective channels of communication on operational and Employee Relations issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Must possess demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to make sound decisions and manage several processes in a fast paced environment.
- Challenges status quo.
- Ability to communicate work processes to team members.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to positively impact team success.
- Must meet physical-demand requirements for the position.
- The ability to lift 50lbs with some assignments requiring this on a regular basis (per Macy's standard) and stand for extended periods of time.
- High School Diploma required, some college preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Required (Word, Excel, Lotus Notes) preferred.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Associated topics: assistant gm, business coach, fire marshal, general manager, lieutenant, manager in training, police captain, police commander, shift lead, team lead
• Location: Baltimore, Joppa
• Post ID: 31228437 baltimore