Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 3:49 PM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Construct, install, and maintain test substation switching apparatus, control cables and associated batteries. Operates substation and protects contractors, workman and work equipment in proximity of high tension lines or apparatus.
- Work will involve travel throughout the Philadelphia Division as assigned.
- Must pass satisfactory examinations in accordance with Electric Traction Training Agreement.
- Must maintain 80 average (exception: hiring at class "A" status).
- Must demonstrate ability to climb and work 100 feet in the air within the first 90 days of employment as a condition of employment.
- Must have prior satisfactory work attendance record, work performance, and safety record.
- Must read, write, and speak the English language clearly, with the ability to communicate using telephones and radios.
- Will be placed in a training program and must excel through all stages of training.
- The ability to respond to railroad concerns on a 24 hr basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic electrical theory, knowledge coupled with the desire and ability to learn.
- Must have a current valid driver's license at hiring or transfer and must have or obtain valid Commercial Driver's license within first 90 days of the training program. Both licenses' must be maintained throughout employment.
- Must be able to understand, speak, and write the english language fluently.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Experience as an electrician or lineman with knowledge of tools, rigging, electricity and safety procedures.
- Basic Electrical theory, knowledge of electrical components and use of various electrical testing devices.
- Climbing and rigging experience.
- Formal electrical training
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skill
Candidates who apply to this posting may be contacted now or at a later date when a position becomes available.
Up to 25
Employment Experience Requirements:
1 : 3 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job : we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre:employment background verification, medical review and pre:employment drug screen.Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug:free workplace and performs pre:employment substance abuse testing.All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing.We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug:free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety: sensitive duties for covered Department of Tran
• Location: Baltimore
• Post ID: 24039398 baltimore