Posted: Monday, September 4, 2017 4:42 PM
Start your future with a new mission! Join Northrop Grumman's Missions Systems Sector (NGMS). NGMS is headquartered in Baltimore, MD and is a leading global provider, manufacturer, and integrator of advanced, secure, and agile software-defined systems and solutions.
Mission System's Field Engineering Team is seeking a experienced Field Engineer in support of the STARLite system. This high profile dynamic system provides direct support to US troops in Afghanistan and Iraq. The qualified candidate will serve as a radar field service representative and will provide crucial support to OCONUS locations in Afghanistan, with a 12 hours/7 days per week availability for a total period of 6 months, to ensure that system capabilities meet Warfighter needs.
After the initial 6 month OCONUS assignment, the chosen candidate should be prepared to support other CONUS and OCONUS sites with 50% travel.
This highly visible position requires a strong technical background, solid understanding of our customer expectations, and the ability to work comfortably and effectively with team members as well as the military operators. Strong interpersonal and presentation skills are essential. The position requires CONUS and OCONUS travel for extended periods of time and will require travel to Elevated Threat Countries, including Afghanistan and Iraq.
Candidates will be responsible for performing the following tasks:
- Function as a Field Service engineer on the STARLite system with embedded US military units
- Maintain the Radar functionality, assisting in troubleshooting and maintenance
- Work directly with the operators to optimize radar functionality
- Liaison between the customer and Factory reach-back for all technical issues
- Work with the NG Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination facility in Bagram to assist as needed and provide technical insight
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17018380&lang=en
• Location: Baltimore
• Post ID: 26291348 baltimore