Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (MS) is seeking a highly motivated individual to lead a team of buyers, responsible for executing all aspects of the procurement life cycle for various programs as the Procurement Manager.
This individual will be responsible for the development, mentoring, coaching and engagement of the buyers, managing workload assignments to ensure that daily requirements are appropriately prioritized and executed to meet the needs
of the business, fostering proper engagement with the program functional teams and to facilitate communicate on of requirements and status to program and business area stakeholders and the Division Manager of Subcontracts and
The position also requires technical leadership competencies to form strategies to construct various contracting types for major procurement activities to meet the requirements of the programs and needs of the business. Such activities may
include long range procurement agreements, sourcing partnerships, continuous improvement initiatives, and identification of opportunities for enhanced efficiencies and to support compliance strategies and initiatives.
The successful candidate will posses strong leadership skills, including a command of oral and written skills, solid negotiation skills, knowledge of terms and conditions, an aptitude for DoD contracting and its related requirements and the ability to lead a diverse team with varying requirements and priorities in support of the business.
Routine responsibilities include:
- Review of active procurement requirements and status
- Development of negotiation strategies and plans
- Review and approval of purchase order compliance
- Review and approval of supplier agreements (i.e., Teaming Agreements, Long Term Pricing Agreements)
- Delegation of requirements to ensure program requirements are met
- Communication within SCM, division, program and business areas of procurement status and issues
- Identification and communication of items needed from other functional areas in support of issuance of a purchase order
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17018506&lang=en
• Post ID: 25544598 baltimore