Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a talented Metrology Engineer to join our team in Baltimore, MD.
The Metrology Engineer develops and evaluates metrology calibration systems that measure characteristics of objects, substances, or phenomena, such as length, mass, time, temperature, electric current, luminous intensity, and derived units of physical or chemical measure. Identifies magnitude of error sources contributing to uncertainty of results to determine reliability of measurement process in quantitative terms. Develops calibration methods and techniques based on principles of measurement science, technical analysis of measurement problems and accuracy and precision requirements.
- Develop procedures and processes that support compliance to standards.
- Assigned as the Quality Assurance Representative for Calibration Services
- Performance and oversight of audits of processes to assure effective implementation of procedures.
- Identify and support process improvement activities.
- Evaluation of out-of-tolerance situations to ensure appropriate steps are taken.
- Assigned as the point of contact for command media procedures.
- Perform ISO 17025 internal audits.
- Perform special projects as required.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=18004009&lang=en
• Post ID: 30979897 baltimore