Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Drafter- Detail A to join its Electrical Design Services team. This position is located in Linthicum, Maryland.
Create complicated detail and assembly drawings of printer circuits and electro-mechanical equipment working from layouts and/or specific instructions. Prepare schematic/logic/wiring diagrams from layouts and general instructions.
Perform duties of drafters of lower classification and in addition:
- Create detail and assembly drawings of complicated parts and assemblies from layouts or general instructions. This requires a comprehensive knowledge of prevailing design and drafting practice and procedures. Determine from layout those detail and assembly drawings which are necessary and identify/obtain additional information as required.
- Create minor layouts of simple assemblies such as panels, chassis, printed circuit assemblies, Multichip Hybrid Packages (MHP's), Power Hybrid Packages (PHP's), substrates, striplines and the like, which do not involve complex structures, complicated mechanical motion and intricate analog or digital circuit design.
- Apply elementary design and engineering principles to determine the details of the design of parts. Create drawings of piece parts from general instructions so that they can be manufactured economically. This requires familiarity with manufacturing practices, the operations of a variety of machines and a general knowledge of finishes, protective coatings and inspection techniques. The generation of manufacturing/fabrication aids will be required occasionally.
- Produce electrical diagrams of simple electrical circuits from schematic or logic diagrams and assembly or layout drawings. Create electrical diagrams of complicated electrical circuits from specific instructions.
- Make changes of major complexity on a variety of electrical and mechanical drawings according to revision notice or general instructions. Incorporate groups of routine revision notices and follow through until complete information is on drawings. Work with other drafters and coordinate changes as necessary.
- Must have a working knowledge of DOD drawing specifications and requirements and all applicable printed wiring board/printed wiring assembly mil-specs.
- Obtain proper information for drawings from drawing systems manual, standard books, engineering reference handbooks, material and process specifications, supplier catalogs, etc.
- Interpret drawings including customer and vendor drawings to obtain information relative to assignment.
- Recommend the use of materials, processes and procedures.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of assigned tasks.
This is a SEA Union represented position.
This is a 1st shift position.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=18003400&lang=en
• Post ID: 30979797 baltimore