Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Drafter-Detail A to join its Mechanical Design team. This position is located in Linthicum, Maryland.
Create detail and assembly drawings of complicated parts and assemblies and/or prepare electrical-electronic diagrams, from layouts or general instructions.
Perform duties of drafters of lower classification and in addition:
· Create detail and assembly drawings of complicated parts and assemblies from layouts or general instructions. This requires a comprehensive knowledge if prevailing Design and Drafting Department practice and procedures. Determine from layouts those detail and assembly drawings which are necessary and identify/obtain additional information as required.
· Create minor layouts of simple assemblies such as panels, chassis, printed assemblies and the like which do not involve complex structures or complicated mechanical motion working from layouts, sketches or specific instructions and under close direction of higher classified drafters.
· Apply elementary design and engineering principles to determine the details of the designs of parts. Create drawings of piece parts from general instructions so that they can be manufactured economically. This requires familiarity with manufacturing practices, the operations of a variety of machines and a general knowledge of finishes, protective coatings and inspection techniques.
· Create electrical diagrams of simple electrical circuits from schematics and assembly layout drawings. Create electrical diagrams of complicated electrical circuits from specific instructions.
· Make changes of major complexity on a variety of electrical and mechanical drawings according to change notice or general instructions. Incorporate groups of routine change notices and follow through until complete information is on drawings. Work with other drafters and coordinate changes as necessary.
· Must have working knowledge of DOD drawing specifications and requirements.
· Obtain proper information for drawings from drawing systems manual, standard books, engineering reference handbooks, material and process specifications, supplier catalogs, etc.
· Interpret drawings including customer and vendor drawings to obtain information relative to assignment.
· Recommend the use of materials, processes and procedures.
· Ensure the accuracy and completeness of own work.
This is a SEA Union represented position.
This is a 1st shift position.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17017698&lang=en
• Post ID: 25544568 baltimore