Cyber Info Assurance Anlyst 3 / 4 (MD-S) - Northrop Grumman Corporation (Linthicum, Maryland)
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Cyber Information Assurance Analyst to join the Information Systems Security (ISS) team in multiple locations (Annapolis or Linthicum, MD). The ISS team consists of Information Systems Security Officers (ISSOs), Information Systems Security Managers (ISSMs), Information Systems Security Engineers (ISSEs), and Information Systems Security Auditors (ISSAs). The selected candidate will perform one or more of these roles. The ISS organization has overall responsibility for providing security oversight to all Northrop Grumman classified systems under their respective purview.
This position will perform assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment or enclave and identify where those systems and networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy. This is achieved through passive evaluations such as compliance audits and active evaluations such as vulnerability assessments. Additional details include:
- Establishes strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports obtaining certification and accreditation of systems.
- Includes support of process, analysis, coordination, security certification test, security documentation, as well as investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology research inspections and periodic audits.
- Assists in the implementation of the Risk Management Framework (RMF), through the required government policy (i.e., NISPOM, JSIG, ICD etc.), make recommendations on process tailoring, participate in and document process activities.
- Performs analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Supports the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results and preparation of required reports.
- Documents the results of Assessment and Authorization activities and technical or coordination activity and prepare the System Security Plans and update the Plan of Actions and Milestones POA&M.
- Periodically conducts a complete review of each system's audits and monitor corrective actions until all actions are closed.
Specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Examine potential security violations to determine if the Network Environment (NE) has been breached, assess the impact, and preserve evidence.
- Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software IA problems pertaining to the NE.
- Perform IA related support functions including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, assistance, and/or training, in response to agency requirements for the NE.
- Analyze patterns of non-compliance and take appropriate administrative or programmatic actions to minimize security risks and insider threats. Manage accounts, network rights, and access to NE systems and equipment.
- Analyze system performance for potential security problems. Assess the performance of IA security controls within the NE.
- Identify IA vulnerabilities resulting from a departure from the implementation plan or that were not apparent during testing.
- Configure, optimize, and test network servers, hubs, routers, and switches to ensure they comply with security policy, procedures, and technical requirements.
- Install, test, maintain, and upgrade network operating systems software and hardware to comply with IA requirements.
- Evaluate potential IA security risks and take appropriate corrective and recovery action.
- Ensure that hardware, software, data, and facility resources are archived, sanitized, or disposed of in a manner consistent with system security plans and requirements.
- Perform system audits to assess security related factors within the NE.
- Develop and implement access control lists on routers, firewalls, and other network devices.
- Install perimeter defense systems including intrusion detection systems, firewalls, grid sensors, etc., and enhance rule sets to block sources of malicious traffic.
- Implement applicable patches including IAVAs, IAVBs, and TAs for their NE.
- Adhere to IS security laws and regulations to support functional operations for the NE. Implement response actions in reaction to security incidents.
- Support Security Test and Evaluations (Part of C&A Process).
- Monitor/Manage client firewalls and intrusion detection Systems.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17012512&lang=en
• Post ID: 22615958 baltimore