Occupational Therapist - Full Time Mobile Position- Weekday & Weekend Schedule - Experience Required
HCR ManorCare, the leading provider of short-term post-hospital services and long-term care, is seeking a passionate and driven Occupational Therapist. If you are passionate about a challenging and rewarding career assisting our patients in a time of need, then we are looking for YOU!
Our Occupational Therapists - OT are the cornerstone to HCR ManorCare's dedication to mission. Working in the health care environment can be very demanding, and it is our goal to provide the tools to help you understand and commit to the philosophy that defines our culture. We are interested to employ an OT who is as passionate as we are about ensuring that our patients and residents receive the support services they need and deserve.
Work scheduled would consist of working 4 weekdays and 1 weekend day each week.
As a team member at HCR ManorCare your duties may include, but will not be limited to:
- Plan and administer prescribed occupational therapy treatment program for patients to facilitate rehabilitation following illness, disease, or injury.
- Take patient medical history.
- Discuss special equipment, such as wheelchairs and eating aids, and instruct patients on how to use that equipment
- Sit and evaluate a patient s home or workplace and, based on the patient s health needs, identify potential improvements, such as labeling kitchen cabinets for an older person with poor memory
- Required to develop a treatment plan for patients, laying out the types of activities and specific goals to be accomplished
- Demonstrate exercises for example, joint stretches for arthritis relief that can help relieve pain for people with chronic conditions
- Your main duties will be to observe patients doing tasks and ask them questions.
- Currently licensed or registered as an occupational therapist by the state in which practicing, unless that State does not license occupational therapists or otherwise regulate the practice of occupational therapy. Is eligible to take or has successfully completed the NBCOT entry-level certification examination for occupational therapists.
- Prior experience in Occupational Therapy/OT required.
Associated topics: cht, certified occupational therapy assistant, cota, ffs, occupational, occupational therapist, occupational therapist ot, therapist, therapist ot
• Post ID: 29864937 baltimore