Posted: Friday, April 28, 2017 3:24 AM
The Human Resources (HR) team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a candidate to join a growing community of committed HR professionals in the greater Baltimore or District of Columbia/Northern Virginia region. The position may be located in Linthicum, MD or McLean, VA. Our HR community is composed of incredible people with different abilities, diverse thinking and varied backgrounds who find professional fulfillment in understanding and advocating for employees, supporting the coaching and development of the management team, and solving organizational challenges through our partnership with business leadership. The selected candidate will be welcomed into a team and primarily aligned to support the Security functional homeroom.
The incumbent will be the focal point to consult on and assist in the implementation of HR strategy, programs and policies across multiple client groups; including talent identification, performance management, employee relations, compensation, reward and recognition, succession planning, organization and staff development, leadership/bench strength development, staffing, EEO and other areas within the HR body of knowledge. The implementation of these programs will be through proficient leadership and project management skills and close collaboration with HR subject matter experts. In addition, the selected candidate will be responsible for project management of HR projects, and must demonstrate the ability to plan, organize, implement, and close multiple projects simultaneously on various topics within HR work streams.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate leadership and relationship building skills, a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Skillful verbal and written communication talents are required and the ideal candidate will have prior success building or enhancing a collaborative, supportive and understanding work environment. The successful candidate will demonstrate how they have supported their prior teams through organization, self-motivation and task ownership skills, with the ability to accomplish complex duties in a high-impact, time sensitive environment.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Establish intimate understanding of the business, build and expand relationships with client leadership teams, and create close partnerships across HR, centers of excellence (COE’s), finance, and P&L organizations
• Support and partner with HR colleagues in operations, talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, employee relations, diversity and inclusion and organizational effectiveness to support talent strategies.
• Identify trends, risks, and opportunities within the organization and develop solutions in partnership with division and matrix leadership, COE and regional/division HR business leadership.
• Advise leadership on new ideas and winning practices in the areas of talent acquisition, assessment, development, compensation, organizational effectiveness, strategy, on-boarding, change management and communications.
• Analyze and concisely present information to the management team to enable business growth and sound decision making.
• Provide business insight through data analysis, research and benchmarking
• Play a key change leadership role in the company’s transformation by reinforcing a culture of growth, innovation and calculated risk taking through the application of human capital strategy, tools and processes.
• Leadership Development—focused on comprehensive succession planning and strategic leadership movement. Partner with business leaders to build leadership depth to support the succession planning process.
• Support and enable leaders to make informed decisions about talent and to hold their organizations accountable for business results.
This position requires extensive senior leadership contact and the ideal candidate with possess a track record of leadership and decision making skills with the ability to realize results in an environment of ambiguity. The incumbent must have cross-cultural awareness and communication skills to be able to effectively interact with a geographically disbursed senior leadership team. Candidate may be required to travel up to 10% of time for domestic and international business, sometimes with short notice.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17008562&lang=en
• Location: Baltimore, Linthicum
• Post ID: 20544133 baltimore