Posted: Wednesday, March 7, 2018 8:54 PM
Develop your investigative skills as part of our industry-leading asset protection team you ll use innovative technology and dive deep into analytics to reduce shortages and protect Macy s bottom line. You ll have lots of opportunity to grow your career under leadership that s committed to developing their teams and building leaders, and you ll also have the ability to focus on highly specialized areas including Investigations, Organized Retail Crime, and Asset Protection Training.
Macy's Logistics and Operations has a great opportunity for a Manager of Asset Protection in their Distribution Center .
- Provide support and back up for the Regional Director of Asset Protection.
- Oversee all aspects of the Security operations in support of the company profit objectives and customer service goals.
- To protect and monitor company assets, alarms, property, employees, and visitors through the enforcement of Company and Security Policies.
- Hire, train and supervise the Security Staff.
- Communicate with Facility Management and MLO Security on shortage/security issues. Recommend solutions as necessary.
- Identify causes of shortage within the building to include the investigation of possible internal and/or external dishonest activity.
- Insure that all Corporate Security Policies and Procedures are being followed.
- Secure and monitor the movement of trailers in and out of the facility
- Any other responsibilities management deems essential.
- Responsible for the management of Security fulfillment operations including but not limited to staff communications, staff balancing and work assignments, work scheduling and processing, throughput levels, and processing standards.
- Assist in the development of department and management of departmental budgets.
- Responsible for ensuring that departments meet or exceed performance requirements in the areas of safety, shortage, cost control, quality, processing standards, flexibility, reliability, customer service and execution to plan.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Manage and develop direct reports toward individual growth and performance excellence.
- Ensure consistent, thorough timely communication to subordinates, peers and senior management.
- Write and conduct performance appraisals for security staff.
- Provide a safe work environment for staff. Develop and enforce safe work practices.
- Organizational skills
- Communication Skills
- Leadership/teamwork skills
- Negotiating skills
- Mathematical skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Possession of highest degree of business ethics
- Sense of Urgency
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of Macys systems including: Receiving, RDS, BTR and FEDFLO, STELLA, WM (Warehouse Management).
- Ability to make good decisions and manage several processes in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent Leadership. Responsible for leading and providing direction to a team of hourly associates.
- Flexible, team player, willing to work extra hours, nights and weekends.
We offer a competitive salary, bonus incentives, excellent benefits package and an outstanding employee discount.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Endless opportunities. Countless possibilities.
Innovation, Creativity, Passion.
Your Career Path
Click here to see where your career with Macy's could go in Asset Protection.
Associated topics: detective, investigator, loss, loss prevention, preventable loss, prevention, protection, safety, security, security officer
• Location: Baltimore, Joppa
• Post ID: 30602167 baltimore