What you’ll be doing...
This position will be located at the customer premise in Woodlawn, MD as required by the Contract. The Network Engineer responsibilities include first and second level support as well as project management for managed service operations with a concentration on LAN/WAN network technology. The successful candidate will troubleshoot and isolate moderate to complex network issues and coordinate problem resolution on a PIP-E network. The individual must exhibit the skills necessary to provide technical support and exceptional customer service all while meeting established deadlines. This position is a first/second level technical expert within the Network Management Center and must possess the ability to coordinate, execute, and evaluate moderate to complex routing and physical layer issues to resolution. The Network Engineer must ensure data integrity and implement standards, procedures and policies to ensure availability, capacity and performance of networks in conformance with SLAs. They will work with middle or senior levels of management and/or external Customer equivalents.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- One or more years of relevant work experience.
- Cisco CCNA certification.
- Willingness to work shift work in a 7x24 operation to include holidays and weekends.
Even better if you have:
- Five or more years of progressive, technical experience.
- Certifications, such as CCNP and Juniper are highly desirable.
- Experience with network design, operational support, hands-on implementation and configuration of Cisco routers and switches with a complete understanding of BGP and other protocols.
- Knowledge of Ethernet and CPA fundamentals, to include hardware devices and access types.
- Knowledgeable in the use of network management and analysis tools.
- Excellent oral communication and technical writing skills.
*Eligibility to obtain a government issued security clearance is required; existing clearance is highly desired.*
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7294572-associate-engineer-client-services
• Post ID: 25439398 baltimore