Put your years of experience into a future of excellence… Northrop Grumman is seeking a Computer Systems Analyst - Linux-Windows Administrator to join our team in defining the future. This position will be located in Baltimore, MD. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Information Technology support team.
Roles and responsibilities include:
• Perform as primary Windows System Administrator for a large classified government contract
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
• Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
• Able to support multiple networks. Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
• Analyze internal or external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
• Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
• Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection system and update virus definitions on a routine basis.
• Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
• Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
• Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
• Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
• Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
• Adhere to strict Information Systems Security guidelines in all cases.
• Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
• Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
• Reports project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
• Works under minimal direction and independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17007175&lang=en
• Post ID: 20043513 baltimore