Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform as Windows System Administrator for a large classified government contract.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
- Assist with the smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Able to support multiple networks. Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed.
- Assist with implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Assist with backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection system and update virus definitions on a routine basis.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
- Assist with testing new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
- Assist with development and documentation of technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Research recommendations to purchase hardware, software, and system components.
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the
- Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Assist with preparing security documentation for input to Computer Security.
- Reports project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Works under direct supervision of tasks and duties.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17018624&lang=en
• Post ID: 25229253 baltimore