Posted: Monday, September 11, 2017 3:36 PM
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an Electro-Optical Design Engineer to join a team designing and building advanced, state-of-the-art systems in our Baltimore, MD location.
Our team supports multiple programs to develop Line of Sight (LOS) and servo control systems. Candidates should have experience with the design, integration and testing of multiple parts of these systems, including gimbals, Inertial Measurement Units (IMU), Inertial Navigation Systems (INS), DSP/Microcontroller control systems, boresighting and transfer alignment algorithms, motor selection, motor drives, and optical sensors. Candidates should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. They should project a friendly, positive attitude and work cooperatively in a multi-faceted environment; as well as exhibiting an ability and desire to self-educate.
This position has the option to work a 9/80 schedule. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Roles and responsibilities include:
• Experience with modeling and simulation of Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) system performance
• Experience deriving requirements for optical instrument components, motors, motor drives, and digital controllers based on cost constraints and technical performance requirements
• Detailed design of motor drives and DSP/Microcontroller hardware
• Implementation of boresighting, transfer alignment, and motor control software algorithms
• Experience writing or supporting proposal development
• Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
• Perform analyses at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, and test.
• Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Requirements database development, management, maintenance experience (e.g. DOORS, Requisite Pro)
This is a Dual Band Position and can be filled at a level 3 or 4 based on the Basic Qualifications listed below.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17020962&lang=en
• Location: Baltimore
• Post ID: 26548877 baltimore